Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catch Of The Day

Tis the season of the FISH FRY!  I'm not Catholic, but I LOVE a good fish fry.  So I always look forward to the Lent season!!  Last night, Laura and I hit up Holy Family's fish fry, which may be one of the best in the area in the church category.  They had all-you-can-eat Walleye for only 6 bucks!  Their batter is amazing and they have those awesome crinkle cut fries! I also saw on stltoday.com that they have a fish fry map this year!  I'm definitely going to have to check that out for some new finds.  

After the fish madness, Laura and I decided we'd hit up the St. Louis Art Museum for the Free Friday's.  I really wanted to see the special Ming Dynasty exhibit and you can't beat FREE!  The artifacts that they had in there were amazing.  Some of these bowls and outfits were from the 1300's and they were very well preserved.  If you have a chance you should definitely go and take a look - it's worth it! The jade carvings, wood lacquer carvings, paintings on silk - simply breathtaking!  Here's the link - http://saintlouis.art.museum/ming_dynasty/

Since we were in the area after the art museum, we decided to hit up The Cupcakery.  I'm a sucker for these huge cupcakes - they are delicious!  They had a bunch of new flavors that I'm anxious to try!  

After all the exciting art and cupcakes, Laura and I decided to rent a movie at her house.  We decided to watch W. starring Josh Brolin.  I sort of feel sorry for the real W. after this movie. They really portrayed him as a simple man who all the others could use as a puppet mouthpiece to further their agendas.  All in all, I liked the movie and it kept my attention for the most part. 

Next week starts ISAT testing at school - which means extra free time to catch up and get stuff done without kids!  YEAH!  This school year is flying by - they actually just e-mailed us a few calendar mock-ups for next year to vote on!  I guess we aren't going to a 4-day school week like some other places are doing.  I would have been okay with a 3-day weekend all the time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment