Thursday, November 4, 2010

....and we're back!

It's been 6 months since my last blog post!!  My excuse is that I've been so busy sewing I've forgotten to blog!?!?! Anyway, let's jump right back in and I'll share the projects I've been working on recently and maybe a few of those projects from the missing months will make an appearance here or there too!


The newest project is the Bento Box Quilt for Mike & Ben - named after Ben - (or so he thinks!)
All the fabrics
Just a few of the MANY cut pieces being ready to be sewn
Each square consists of 17 pieces either 1 inch or 2 inches in width with various lengths to make a "courthouse square" block.

The YELLOW colorway

The ORANGE colorway



The BLUE colorway




The CREAM colorway



Then after all of those are done you cut each one into fourths and re-sew them with their opposite matching block in opposite corners like this....



What you get is an AWESOME pattern called the Bento Box! 

This quilt will end up approximately 110x110 inches!  I'll post more pictures of progress when I do more!





No comments:

Post a Comment