Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Fall 2012

I've realized it's been since the last Blogger's Quilt Festival in May that I've blogged about anything!  I have been working all summer and fall on this new quilt top and I'm happy to unveil it for this Blogger's Quilt Festival. So here it is, my entry for the Fall 2012 Blogger's Quilt Festival -

IN A HAZE

Fabrics I picked out while I was on a trip to the Ozarks.  They reminded me of the pretty hazy colors of the sun peering out from the foggy skies. 

I decided to try my hand at paper piecing finally!  This is block from Carol Doak called Y2K. 

25 blocks later the center is finished.

I decided to add a few borders. 

Finished quilt 112x112.

The end cap pieces are a block from Forest Quilting called Circling Geese.

Can't wait to take it to my favorite long arm quilter to finish it!

So there you have it! My first attempt at paper piecing was a success and I can't wait to do more!!
Thanks again to Amy Ellis of Amy's Creative Side for hosting this great event!! Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here! Thanks for looking!

Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 112x112
Special techniques used foundation paper piecing
Quilted by : soon to be quilted by Faye Melear of Melear Fabrics and Sew Much More, Sullivan, MO
Best Category : Bed Quilt, Two-Color Quilt
  



11 comments:

Alison V. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Mom said...

really amazing quilt!!

Margaret www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

CitricSugar said...

I can't wait to see this finished! I did a quick inhale when I saw the first block. Wow!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

One of my favorites so far in this show. Great work.

Carla said...

Wow, I love your quilt. Beautiful pattern and the colors you chose work so perfect with it. Great work!

Becky J. said...

i am in love with the block!!! so fancy and striking.

Linda Beth said...

This is beautiful! And your first paper-piecing?? You did beautifully, and I also really love the pieced border. You should be very happy!

SarahZ said...

Gorgeous! I love that color combo!

Elle said...

Incredible!

Janine said...

This is beautiful! Love the fabrics and colors.

KellyS said...

Wow that is amazing! I can't believe that is your first paper piecing attempt! And to do all those blocks, amazing! Great finish!

Post a Comment