Sunday, April 22, 2012

Purple Majesty

I first saw the Swoon pattern by Camille Roskelley when I was reading one of my favorite quilting blogs - Film In The Fridge.  There was a "Swoon-along" and I decide this was the motivation I needed to finally use all the purples I had stashed away and make something with them!  I spent some quality time with my flying geese ruler and ended up with 13 blocks, of which I only needed 9.  I decided which 4 really didn't fit my vision - so out they went. (Two of the extra blocks have since been turned into wall hangings for donations to locate chairty auctions).  I added some flying geese around each block in alternate colors from the block within and then sashing to come up with Purple Majesty.  









1 comment:

Simply Sandy said...

Great swoon quilt. I have the pattern but haven't made of quilt with it yet. This one is so pretty. Love the purples.

Post a Comment